Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The new addition to the Aleman Clan- Oreo

After a bit of research on Petfiner.com we wanted to add a new addition to our family. We finally decided to go head and adopt another doggy this time from Friends Forever Rescue. Originally I wanted a Pug but the one I wanted to adopt, Hugsly, had already been adopted, so we decided to go head and adopt another breed.

On Saturday, Mario, Gaby and I went to the PetSmart by The Falls and saw 3 doggies together in one cage. Of course one of the puppies was very calm, sleeping and curled up. The other two were going crazy jumping, crying, barking- the works. Finally, Mario and I spoke about searching for other places that carried Pugs, but I wanted a puppy that day! It took me about 15 minutes to convince Mario about adopting Jack- the calm puppy.

I finally got the "Okay, fine fine this is going to be your Valentine's Day, Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas, New Years gift." Before he could change his mind I filled out the adoption application and got interviewed. Which let me mention I was SUPER nervous, the lady kept asking me questions and looking at my answers. At one point I thought she wasn't going to approve us, finally she said "Okay I don't see anything wrong". Those were the longest 10 minutes of my life! (I think I gave birth to Gaby faster than the time it took to interview us).


Gaby and Oreo
Right after we adopted Oreo- we were shopping for his food!

We went home with our little Jack and noticed we didn't like the name too much. Mario then decided to change his name to Oreo. Which is super cute since our other fur-baby is named Cookie!

The first night with Oreo was super rough, I felt like I had just come home from the hospital with a new baby. Oreo has adjusted very well to his new family and sister. He is very calm, loves to sleep, snoop around and doesn't like to chew on shoes. Which is a major PLUS!

We were told Oreo is a 3 month old mix between a Rat Terrier and a Miniature Pinscher, he is mostly black with white areas around his tiny tiny body.


Oreo's First Ride to his new home

No comments: