Thursday, April 16, 2009

We are back and pumping!

I've been away with no internet for 2 months and a TON of things have occurred in that time frame! Babies were born, birthdays were celebrated, milestones have been accomplished and of course more love has filled our hearts!

If you don't know yet Alejandro (aka- Mr.A) arrived into our crazy world Sunday, February 8th at 3:14am! He filled our lives with love, happiness and we are just over the moon with our addition.

On Saturday the 7th I had taken Gaby with me to my uncle auto shop to get the car fixed before being induced on Monday night! I was planning on doing my hair, shaving my legs and just be a little presentable for the arrival of Alejandro. Well as we were about to leave Gaby had spilled orange juice all over the back seat of the car and I had to get my hospital gown and clean the OJ. Well as I was getting out of the car I thought my water had broken and I freaked out! I wasn't going to tell my uncle b/c that's just awkward and not a lot of "water" came out. I jumped into the car and to Kendall we were going! I texted Mario and told him we were on the way to pick him up and go straight to the hospital. No time to stop by the house or anything since our bags were in the trunk. (the nesting in me) I started to get contractions but nothing super major, like in the movies. I got a couple that were manageable and would stop for a couple of minutes.

We arrived at Memorial Miramar within 20 minutes and was wheeled to the maternity wing. I kept telling them I thought my water broke but the contractions had stopped- of course ;) They did a test to see if what came out was discharge or atomic fluid. 30 minutes later we found out it was a false alarm but the doctor wanted me to walk for an hour. I felt like a moron walking in a gown up and down the hallways, the things we do for our kids! Within our hour walk I got maybe 5 contractions, again manageable. Up to our room we went and I was dilating. When I got there I was 1 cm by the end of our walk I was 2. So something was going on. I laid on the bed and like magic the contractions started coming back and started to get a bit stronger. The nurse asked if I wanted the epidural now or to wait. Of course I told her I'll wait but she will know when I wanted the epidural ;) Time passed and I think we saw Lara Croft Tomb Raider about 2 times!

While waiting for the doctors orders my sisters in-law arrived along with my mom. A couple of hours later I was rechecked and no change. After hours of not eating or drinking anything the nurse had to start the IV to hydrate me. The doctor finally gave the order to start the pitocin to speed up the process. HOLLY COW- that pitocin really kicks in man! The contractions started to get stronger and hurt like a mother of a heffer! After about 45 minutes on the pitocin I had to get the epidural. Of course I had to wait another hour to put in the order and have the anesthesiologist come and work her magic!

After what seemed like days the anesthesiologist finally arrive! She was my new best friend, until she had to poke me 3 times to find the spot for the epidural! At this point all I wanted was for her to stop calling me "sweeeettttyyyyy", but I survived the painful contractions, the 3 pokings and the sweety!

Drugs are good....the epidural was my new best friend after the Anesthesiologist left. Everyone was my friend actually. A couple of hours passed and the nursed checked me and while checking me my water broke- I didn't feel a thing! This is when the party started! About this time it's close to 2:30am! The nurse called the Doc to inform him about my progress, he wanted a call when I was 10cm dilated. At around 3am I was 9 1/2 cm. The nurse called the doctor one more time and I swear to GOD- by 3:05 that man was there full of spirit and too much energy for the time. The room transformed into a labor room in about 2 minutes! I did about 2 "practice" pushes to see if I felt anything....I didn't. I was still numb from the epidural. The doctor noticed the baby's heart beat dropping every time I had a contraction and he wasn't too worried since it wasn't a drastic drop. He did warn me Alejandro's umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck- but not to worry. Somehow I mentally prepared myself if we needed to do an emergency C-section. At this point I didn't care how Alejandro would come out- as long as he was safe and sound.

I literally pushed 3 times and Mr. Alejandro Gabriel was born at 3:14am on February 8th. It was the best feeling in the world. We all cried and I was lying there in my bed just thinking "wow, I'm a MOM of TWO!" The feeling is one you can't put into words but only say "It was the best experience ever".

At exactly an hour later Mr. A was given his first official bath. He wasn't too pleased to be awaken to get a bath, but he sure looked handsome after it!

I was a bit sad Gaby couldn't go to the hospital all 3 days, she was home sick and we didn't want her to get the baby sick. I called her everyday and Mario spent the 3 days going back and forth between the hospital and his moms house. She saw pictures of him and was super excited to meet him the day we went home. We arrived as a family of 3 1/2 and left as a family of 4!
and we wait...
and after 3 pushes Alejandro Gabriel was born at 3:14AM
weighing 7 pounds 8 ounces (4 ounces more than his sister!)
My mom carrying her 6th Grandchild along with my aunt who wanted to "see" her first birth
BOOB time!
Shower Time...
FINALLY food! After 24 Hours I was able to have some food!
Alejandro's first day
She's HERE!!!! Big sister has finally arrived!
She couldn't wait any longer to hold her little brother!

The beautiful flowers we received from my co-workers
Oti with Gaby and Alejandro

Our first walk
wow- I look a bit tired!

No comments: