Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thank you, sweet baby Jesus

It's been a rough couple of months for us. Something that I had told a certain few, but never shared on here. Mario lost his job at Interval International back in December. Although, we have made the best of it (with gracious support from our family and my Catholic Spice) it's been a blessing in disguise. Or at least that's how I take it. Mario on the other hand didn't see it that way.... but can you blame him, I don't. He got to spend time with both kids. Which that alone is amazing seeing our goofy kids grow up before you very eyes.

With many prayers and connections, Mario finally started working again. This time a little far, 50+ hours work weeks, no more weekends for us, but we do have him for 3 days straight at home. But most of all it's a great company he can move up in. Through our friends Joselyn & Pedro, Mario is now working in the Marriot Hotel. I'm so proud of him- he stuck it through for so long and we both made the best of it.

I know there were times where I wanted find a genie lamp and make a wish, but what good would that do??? I saw it as being challenged again by God. I know Mario would think it's a fucked up challenge from him- but it needs to be done. It's to open your eyes and see that we can make it through and we can make the best out of it. I know our God wasn't going to allow us to loose our home- or give us something we couldn't handle. I won't lie and say it was a breeze, because it wasn't. We now look back and say..."that was some shit uh!?"

After Mario getting the job at The Marriot, I wanted to give thanks, not only for him- but for our family. So I said to myself- to church we go! And so to church we have gone! I want the kids to know about Jesus, God, and all the beauties we have around us. I want them to learn about being grateful, giving thanks and to live our lives through the paths that were created for us. I know my faith lacks (in terms of truly believing some aspects of the Catholic religion) but my faith has always been there, and now it's time for it to come out and share it with the my family.

We have been granted two parents working (again), a roof over our heads, health, love and most of all FAITH!

No comments: