Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!!!

I love love love the begining of the holidays! It all starts with of course Halloween followed by THANKSGIVING! This year we were the happy ones to be hosting. My mother in-law made the fabulous turkey, stuffing, and my special craving this pregnancy arroz con leche!

My sister in-law then made a potato salad with some deviled eggs (I believe they are called). The poor deviled eggs were simply GONE by the time I got to see the "plate", or should I say what was left of them. I made scalloped potatoes, mash potatoes, cranberry applesauce and I bought some cupcakes from Publix. My aunt in-law made sweet potatoes, crab salad and brought the bread rolls. My mom made the rice & salad. Everything was gone!

We also celebrated my newphews 3rd birthday and sang him a little tune....

Everyone had a great time, I stuffed my face and felt horrible after! But I'm pregnant and I need to feed this man! Mr. A was in a food coma for about 24 hours! He didn't move until the following night! Poor little man :)

Friday the 5 (Mr. A and Oreo included) woke up and headed for the Mall. Of course Dolphin Mall! The crowed wasn't too bad as I expected. We had a movie, MORE food and game day! We saw Twilight (oh soo yummy good!) and then walked around searching for some sales and didn't find anything we "needed". Then we went to the movies again (yes, we are movie buffers) and saw the James Bond Movie. Gaby apprently liked Twilight instead she keeps asking why James bit Bella's arm. I also got the 3rd book of the series and I'm so excited! I think Mario is a little instrested in the book- but he won't read it (I think it's a "man" thing). He's too funny!

I leave you of course with some pictures of Thanksgiving!



The eggs that I never saw!

The table set up for dinner!
and now the food!
The crab salad Salad
Sweet Potatoes
Mash Potatoes
Scalloped Potatoes
White Rice with Noodles
The turkey!
Potato Salad
Stuffing (which we still have left over!)
My mom and Mother In-law
Then it was time for a prayer- Thank god no one fainted. My mom officially wins an award for the "Longest Prayer" EVERRRRRR. **note to self- don't allow my mom to say prayer**
After a long prayer we finally got to EAT!

Happy Birthday Jorge!

The Arroz con Leche I salavate over! Daniel and Gaby stuffing their faces with cupcakes. Luckily I'm the official photographer, so you can't see me stuffing my face too with a cuppie ;) There were 6 cupcakes- 4 for the kids and 2 for me! hehe :)

A Family Portrait- I love my Kodak!
Sandra, Albert, Genesis, Gaby, Jorge, Mario, Daniel, Cynthia, Nunu, Tia Esperansa, Dona Rosa, Me- Mr. A, Rossy and my mom. (Oreo was hiding under the table)

No comments: